Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 6 chicken breast halves flattened to ½" thickness
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper, fresh ground if possible
- olive oil
- 1 16 oz jar spaghetti sauce (or make it fresh)
- 1 package sliced mozzarella cheese
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Mix the breadcrumbs, salt, black pepper, and half the Parmesan cheese in a mixing bowl.
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl.
- On the stove, heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat
- Take each chicken breast and dip it into the flour, then into the eggs, then into the breadcrumb mixture. Make sure to coat it thoroughly.
- Pan fry the chicken breasts lightly in the olive oil until brown on both sides. You do not need to cook them through, just brown them. Once brown, the breadcrumbs should stick to the outside.
- Pour half a jar of pasta sauce into a shallow baking dish, then lay the chicken out in the pan. Pour the rest of the sauce on top.
- Dust the remaining grated Parmesan cheese over the chicken.
- Place the dish in the oven and cook for 30 minutes at 350°F (175°C).
- Remove and add a slice of mozzarella cheese to each chicken breast.
- Return to the oven for 10 more minutes to melt the mozzarella.
- Serve with pasta.