From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
This is a simple pasta sauce that works well for everyday meals, even with picky eaters. It is best served hot at the table, to be poured over lightly cooked pasta. Shredded mozzarella cheese may be added on top.
- 29 ounce (922 g) can of plain tomato puree or ground tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil (Albahaca)
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated salt
- canned sliced mushrooms (ones sold in see-through jars are generally better quality)
- cooked ground beef or bits of steak (may be added at the table)
- For more efficient use of the spices, you should grind them well with the salt. The salt helps to grind the spices. If you skip this step, increase the amount of spices. Also double the spices if you prefer a spicy sauce.
- Mix everything in a pot.
- Bring to a boil while stirring to prevent the sauce from burning to the bottom of the pan.
- Immediately remove from the heat and serve. Hot tomato products lose tomato flavor, so don't delay.