Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | American cuisine | Southern cuisine | Vegetarian cuisine | Holiday Recipes | Bread | Dessert
Chew bread is a type of bar cookie, typically containing nuts.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
|Butter||1½ sticks||12 tablespoons||170 g (⅜ lb)||68%|
|Eggs||3 ea.||150 g||60%|
|Vanilla extract||1 teaspoon||4.2 g||1.68%|
|Light brown sugar||1 box||450 g (1 lb)||180%|
|Self-rising flour||2 cups||250 g||100%|
|Nuts||1½ cups||149–219 g||59.4-87.6%|
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine all ingredients except nuts, and mix well with an electric mixer.
- Add nuts, and stir in well.
- Pour into greased and floured 9x13-inch (23x33 cm) cake pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35–40 minutes.
Conversion Notes[edit | edit source]
- ↑ Weight conversions from USDA National Nutrient Database. Original recipe text and ingredient order preserved. When supplied, weight value as grams was used. Large eggs presumed. For nuts, used walnuts, pecans, almonds, and peanuts, and used either "whole" or "halves" cup values, to create a range. Pecans were lowest, and peanuts highest.