Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | American cuisine
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 quart (1 liter) vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup teriyaki glaze
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ pound (225 g) bacon
- 1 pound (20–30 ea. / 450 g) of scallops
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or other pot to 350 °F (180 °C), making sure that the pot is large enough that the oil doesn't fill it more than halfway.
- Combine teriyaki glaze, soy sauce and sugar in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Cut bacon strips in half lengthwise.
- Wrap each scallop with one of these half strips of bacon, and secure by skewering with a wooden toothpick.
- Working in batches so as not to crowd the fryer, fry the scallops until golden brown, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from oil, drain briefly and toss in the soy-teriyaki sauce.
- Serve immediately.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- Do not eat the toothpick!