Hi, I'm Xania. I've been here at Wikibooks since 2005 (first edits as a registered user were 23 October 2006 though) and presently I'm an administrator and check user here so happy to help with whatever problems you may have.
My specialties are linguistics (Romance, Slavic and Celtic languages and Basque), history, European geography, culture and politics.
I help out here with removing vandalism and spam, checking books for grammar or spelling mistakes, categorizing books, improving Cookbook pages by adding links and metric units and working on several books which I created or have contributed to.
Some Wikibooks that I am currently working on:
- English - Principal English book
- English for B2 Students - This book is intended for Upper Intermediate students.
- English in use - This book was previously known as "English" and is a Wikibook resource for English grammar and vocabulary.
- English_as_an_Additional_Language - This is an older book for those learning English as a Foreign Language.
- FCE English (Book I created but forgot about)
- Polish (Basic Polish Language Course)
- Italian (reviewing lessons, adding extra information)
- Basque (TBC)
- Japanese (TBC)
- Manx (TBC)
- Wikijunior Languages (inter-linking WJ Languages, WJ Europe and WJ South America projects)
- Wikijunior Languages/Manx Gaelic (Junior Guide to the Isle of Man's Language)
- Wikijunior Europe (Completed junior Guide to Europe) (Featured Book)
- Wikijunior World Religions
- Wikijunior World Heritage Sites (new book I'm developing for WJ about UNESCO heritage sites) create
- Wikijunior:Countries A-Z (adding more pictures)
- Wikijunior:Solar System (TBC)
- Wikijunior:South America (creating pages, updating info)
- Wikijunior:Fruit Alphabet (I'm adopting this abandoned book and trying to expand it)
- Wikijunior:Africa (a book I plan to develop further)
- High School Earth Science (Changing settings to only show reviewed page version, currently done units 1-4 and sub pages)
- Cookbook (Adding Metric Measurements to all Recipes)
- User:Xania/Sandbox (Recipes still without Metric Measurements)
My Activity on Other Wikis:
I am most active on Wikibooks but you may also find me on these Wiki projects (especially Wikipedia and Wikivoyage English sites and Wikipedia Italian site):
- English Wikibooks (home wiki & sysop)
Other Wikimedia projects:
I am an English language professional with experience teaching the language to native speakers and non-native speakers as well as developing materials for use by other teachers. I speak Italian to a reasonable degree. I also have a more limited knowledge of Russian, French and Polish.
My Basic 'Policies' on Wikibooks
I spend a lot of time fighting vandalism on Wikibooks. I am always willing to give people the benefit of the doubt but I have no tolerance malicious vandalism.
You can often find me on IRC using the username Xania:
- Alternatively leave me a message on my talk page and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
- ArchiXpress a website partly created by myself focusing on materials and products for designers and architects.
These are mainly a shortcut for pages that I commonly visit but which take forever to find because of the poor search feature on Wikibooks.