Hi, I'm ЗAНИA. ЗAНИA means nothing. It's basically the name Xania (which also means nothing) written in Serbian Cyrillic script.
I am a former IT technician and linguistic specialist with experience teaching the English language in a variety of countries and to a wide range of age groups and student type. Presently, I am living and working in Tallinn, Estonia.
The most important work ЗAНИA is doing at the moment is on the English Wikibook. ЗAНИA is reorganizing this Wikibook to provide easy access to parts about grammar, parts directed to students of English as a foreign language, parts intended for teachers of English and parts for Business English. ЗAНИA created a book called English for B2 students which is a course book intended for Upper Intermediate students of English as a Foreign Language. This book will include themed units, tests, a variety of listening and reading and better visuals than current English coursebooks available on Wikibooks. Any help is appreciated.
One other task ЗAНИA is doing at the moment involves metricating all recipes because at present these recipes are absolutely useless to anyone outside of the USA, in ЗAНИA'S opinion. Feel free to help out by converting unmetric recipes - just visit the link below and make sure you add it to the metric category when you're finished.
- 1 Some Wikibooks that ЗAНИA is currently working on:
- 2 ЗAНИA'S Activity on Other Wikis:
- 3 Languages
- 4 My Basic 'Policies' on Wikibooks
- 5 Useful Links
Some Wikibooks that ЗAНИA is currently working on:
- English - ЗAНИA has rearranged the previous English Wikibooks into one big book for easier access.
- English for B2 Students - This book is intended for Upper Intermediate students.
- English in use - This book was previously known as "English" and is a Wikibook resource for English grammar and vocabulary.
- English_as_an_Additional_Language - This is an older book for those learning English as a Foreign Language. In ЗAНИA'S opinion this book is more suitable for lower levels of language learners and needs a lot of work.
- Polish (Basic Polish Language Course)
- Italian (reviewing lessons, adding extra information)
- FCE English (Guide for FCE English students)
- Cookbook (Adding Metric Measurements to all Recipes)
- User:Xania/Sandbox (Recipes still without Metric Measurements)
- Wikijunior_Europe (Junior Guide to Europe which I started and am now trying to complete)
- Wikijunior Languages (inter-linking WJ Languages, WJ Europe and WJ South America projects)
- Wikijunior Languages/Manx Gaelic (Junior Guide to the Isle of Man's Language)
- Wikijunior World Religions
- Wikijunior World Heritage Sites (new book I'm developing for WJ about UNESCO heritage sites) create
- FCE English (Book I created but forgot about)
- Wikijunior:Fruit Alphabet (I'm adopting this abandoned book and trying to expand it)
- Wikijunior:Africa (a book I plan to develop once WJ Europe is almost complete)
- High School Earth Science (Changing settings to only show reviewed page version, currently done units 1-4 and sub pages)
ЗAНИA'S Activity on Other Wikis:
ЗAНИA is most active on Wikibooks but you may also find ЗAНИA on these Wiki projects (especially Wikitravel and Wikibooks Simple English):
- English Wikibooks (home wiki & sysop)
- Italian Wikibooks
- ქართული - Georgian Wikibooks
- Portuguese Wikibooks
- English Wikipedia (username Xanucia also used, frequent editor)
- Italian Wikipedia
- Afrikaans Wikipedia
- ქართული ენა - Georgian Wikipedia
- Polish Wikipedia
- Catalan Wikipedia
- Manx Gaelic Wikipedia
- Simple English Wikipedia (frequent editor)
- Portuguese Wikipedia
- Slovene Wikipedia
- Euskara - Basque Wikipedia
- Bosnian Wikipedia
- Српски - Serbian Wikipedia
- Venetian Wikipedia
- Afrikaans Wikipedia
- English Wiktionary (username Xanucia also used)
- Simple English Wiktionary
- Italian Wikizionario
- Manx Gaelic Wiktionary
Other Wiki projects:
ЗAНИA is actively researching and learning languages. ЗAНИA is not an expert in any particular language but I teach and help with research for the English language. ЗAНИA has studied French, Spanish, Polish and Russian in the past and at the moment is learning (when ЗAНИA has time) Italian, Slovenian, Manx Gaelic and little chunks of Catalan, Euskara (Basque), Serbian and მომხმარებელი (Georgian). ЗAНИA will try to help if anyone has queries regarding these languages.
My Basic 'Policies' on Wikibooks
ЗAНИA reverts vandalism on sight and will only ever give vandals one warning. If you vandalise (or blank or add nonsense or misleading information) more than once, add racist language (even just once) or anything offensive or obviously disruptive then ЗAНИA will block you without warning. ЗAНИA has no tolerance whatsoever for racists, right-wingers or those wishing to cause offence.
These are mainly a shortcut for pages that I commonly visit but which take forever to find because of the poor search feature on Wikibooks.
- Special:ValidationStatistics - Pages awaiting review
- Special:UnreviewedPages - Unreviewed pages
- Category:Candidates for speedy deletion - Speedy Deletion Nominations
- Wikibooks:Requests_for_deletion - Requests for Deletion
- Unreviewed new pages - Unreviewed new pages
- Wikibooks:Requests for import - Requests for Import
- Category:Queried pages - Queried Pages
- Wikibooks:Templates - Templates
- Template:SharedIPEDU - Template for shared Educational IP addresses
- Template:SharedIP - Template for general shared IP addresses
- Using Wikibooks/Class Project Guidelines - Useful to give this link to new users on class projects
- Using Wikibooks - Very useful, should be placed on side bar eventually