|Proteomics is a featured book on Wikibooks because it contains substantial content, it is well-formatted, and the Wikibooks community has decided to feature it on the main page or in other places. Please continue to improve it and thanks for the great work so far! You can edit its advertisement template.|
Proteomics[edit | edit source]
!!! To those adding sections and contributions over the last few days by adding sections this is great!!!! Please add more and let us know who you are! If you need any help developing these new areas please let me know! (Tung)
New update! I will be creating a new updated pdf version of what we currently have for offline use. The new sections will not be added yet. However Once done a 2.0 PDF will be released.
This project has currently been taken over by Tung Luong as a graduate project and would love to get feedback on any of the information as well as would love contributions. So please feel free to edit appropriately as well as let me know how I am doing.
This is a textbook for teaching the principles and practice of proteomics for undergraduate students in the life sciences. The focus is on the analytical methods and data analysis for protein separation, quantitation and identification. We will begin with older methods (chromatography, electrophoresis) and move to more modern approaches (chips, for example) that are being used for high throughput proteomics.
Also view our developing Metabolomics book: Metabolomics
Table of Contents[edit | edit source]
- Introduction to Proteomics
- Protein Sample Preparation
- Plant Proteomics about Two Dimensional Gel Electrophoresis
- Protein Separations - Chromatography
- Protein Separations - Electrophoresis
- Protein Separations - Centrifugation
- Emerging and Miscellaneous Proteomics Technologies
- Protein Identification - Mass Spectrometry
- Protein Primary Structure
- Post-translational Modification
- Protein - Protein Interactions
- Protein Chips
- Proteomics and Drug Discovery
- Experimental Protocols