History of Edmeston, New York/1940s

From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
< History of Edmeston, New York
Jump to: navigation, search
Edmeston
History
Schools
Churches
Houses
Businesses
People
References
1760 – 1769
1770 – 1779
1780 – 1789
1790 – 1799
1800 – 1809
1810 – 1819
1820 – 1829
1830 – 1839
1840 – 1849
1850 – 1859
1860 – 1869
1870 – 1879
1880 – 1889
1890 – 1899
1900 – 1909
1910 – 1919
1920 – 1929
1930 – 1939
1940 – 1949
1950 – 1959
1960 – 1969
edit

The history of Edmeston, New York: 1940 through 1949

1941[edit]

In 1941 the entire New Berlin branch of the New York Ontario & Western Railway (NYO&W) was sold to the Unadilla Valley Railway which ran the branch until 1960 when operations stopped. The New Berlin branch ran from Cooperstown Junction, (just north of Sidney) to New Berlin, and had been extended north to Edmeston in 1895, when the Wharton Valley Railroad agreed to lease the line to the NYO&W.