Fire on the Limestone Plains
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The first recorded visit to the area known as the Limestone Plains was by Charles Throsby Smith, Joseph Wild and James Vaughan in 1820, with Joshua John Moore the first European landowner in the area.
- The Limestone Plains 1825 to 1911
- John Gale Recollections
- The Federal Capital Territory 1911 to 1938
- The 1926 Bush Fires
- The January 1939 Bush Fires
- The 1952 Bushfires
- 1952 to 1956
- The 1956-57 Bushfire Season
- 1958 to 1973
- The 1979 Bush Fires
- The Gudgenby Bush Fire 1983
- The 1984-85 Bush Fire Season
- Bush Fire Season's The 1990's
- The Christmas Bushfires of 2001
- The January 2003 Bush Fires
- Appendix A Report for Forester on the fire of January 14 L. D. Pryor 23.1.39.
- Appendix B January 1939 Bushfires Overall Report L. D. Pryor
- Appendix C BUSH FIRE REPORT January 1939 C.R. Cole. Forester, 6/2/39.
- http://www.abs.gov.au/Ausstats/abs@.nsf/0/4e782ee652d0db0aca2569de001fb2dd?OpenDocument 1301.0 - Year Book Australia, 1931 - Special Article - Canberra Past and Present