Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a course for the language Ido. Ido is a simple language to learn, and the explanations in this course are simple too. If you can translate this course into your language, please do so.
What is Ido?[edit | edit source]
- Ido is perhaps the easiest language in the world to learn. It has a 100% regular grammar with no exceptions.
- Ido was created to be a language that everybody could learn quickly to talk to people from other countries.
- Ido was created on the basis of Esperanto but changed to make it easier to learn and write.
- Ido is used by at least 1000 people in the world today.
- Ido uses no special letters like in the Esperanto language (ĉ, ĝ, ĥ, ĵ, ŝ and ŭ) so you don't need extra software to write it.
- Ido has its own Wikipedia and Wiktionary.
- As of 2023, Ido is 116 years old.
- Ido has its own magazines and literature.
- Ido looks a lot like French, Spanish, Portuguese and Italian (and Esperanto too).
- Ido will help you understand Latin and other romance languages.
Okay, let's learn Ido![edit | edit source]
Where to go from here[edit | edit source]
- Parolez Ido - an Ido-language community with blogs and forums.
- Ido-English dictionaries:
- Wikipedio - Wikipedia in Ido