Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
You may also wish to include 1 tablespoon of corn starch
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Heat cooking oil (peanut oil is best) in a deep pan to 340 - 350° F (~171 - 176°C)
- Beat the egg in a bowl and add ice cold water (warmer water will produce a sticky batter and more oily tempura).
- Add flour and mix lightly. Do not overmix batter (a few lumps actually improve the result, adding crispiness).
- Dip meat or vegetables briefly in the batter and fry until brown.
- Remove from the oil and drain.
- Serve hot.