Cookbook:Sweet Mole with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Sweet Mole with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream|
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | American cuisine | Mexican cuisine | Vegetarian Cuisine | Dessert
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 whole dried ancho chile
- ¾ cups (4 ounces) piloncillo (brown sugar cane)
- 1 clove
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 ounces semi-sweet dark chocolate bar, cut into pieces
- 2 cups high-quality vanilla bean ice cream
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Wash, devein, and remove seeds from chile ancho.
- Boil the chile, then blend with the smallest amount of water possible.
- Strain off water.
- In a saucepan, add pureed, chile, piloncillo, clove, cinnamon and chocolate.
- Boil for 3 minutes.
- Remove clove.
- To serve, allow vanilla ice cream to soften slightly in a bowl and stir in mole.