Cookbook:Sweet Mole and Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
|Sweet Mole and Vanilla Bean Ice Cream|
- 1 whole chile ancho (dried pepper)
- ¾ cups (4 ounces) piloncillo (brown sugar cane)
- 1 clove
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 ounces semi-sweet dark chocolate bar, cut into pieces
- 2 cups best quality vanilla bean ice cream
- Wash, devein and remove seeds from chile ancho.
- Boil the chile, then blend with the least amount of water possible.
- Strain off water.
- In a saucepan, add pureed, chile, piloncillo, clove, cinnamon and chocolate.
- Boil for 3 minutes.
- Remove clove.
- To serve, allow vanilla ice cream to soften slightly in a bowl and stir in mole.