Jump to navigation Jump to search
Swedish meatballs (Köttbullar)
All recipes are based on the following basic, or minimum, recipe for Swedish meatballs; Servings: 4, Time: 30 minutes
- 250 g, 9 oz ground beef
- 250 g, 9 oz ground pork
- 1 egg
- 50 mL, 1/4 cup dried bread crumbs
- 200 - 300 mL, 3/4 - 1 1/4 cup(s) fluid, like water, milk or cream
- 1 small onion
- salt, pepper
- butter for frying
- Combine the liquid ingredients and the bread crumbs in a bowl and let it sit for 7-8 minutes.
- Finely chop or grate the onion.
- Combine the ground beef, ground pork, egg, chopped onion, salt and pepper in the bowl.
- Make round meatballs, approximately 2-3 centimeters (1 inch) in diameter.
- Pan fry the meatballs on medium heat in a frying pan with butter for approximately 3-5 minutes. Fry them on all sides until they are brown and not pink in the middle. Shaking the pan occasionally will help the meatballs cook evenly.