Cookbook:Spicy Chilli Chicken
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Chile chicken - cooked Kerala style.
- 1 pound of boneless chicken
- 1 tablespoon of masala
- 1 cup of lemon juice
- ¾ tablespoon red chile powder
- ¾ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ Tablespoon chopped ginger
- 2 Tablespoon chopped garlic
- 8 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 6 Tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 3 medium chopped tomatoes
- 3 Tablespoons of Canola Oil
- 2 green bell peppers (sliced)
- 4 green chiles, chopped
- 1½ red onions
- salt to taste
- Marinate the chicken with lemon juice, masala and salt for 1 hours.
- In a large pot, fry the marinated chicken in canola oil until golden brown (5-7 minutes).
- Remove the chicken from the pot and cut into pieces.
- Into the remaining oil put the onions, red chili powder, turmeric, paprika and coriander powder, and sauté until wilted.
- Put in the tomatoes, ginger and garlic and cook till the tomatoes are mashed.
- Put the ketchup, soysauce, fried chicken pieces, green chiles and green peppers in the pot and simmer until peppers are soft and chicken is cooked fully.
- Serve over steamed rice (suggested)