Cookbook:Spicy Chicken Cutlets
|Spicy Chicken Cutlets|
Spicy Chicken Cutlets
- 4 thinly-sliced chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup vodka or vermouth (optional)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons minced pickled jalapeños
- 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 200°F
- Season both sides of each chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- Place the flour on a plate and dredge the chicken breasts through it, lightly coating both sides.
- Set aside.
- In a large skillet heat the oil over a medium-high heat.
- Add the breasts and cook 3 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Flip and cook another 2 or 3 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Transfer the chicken to an oven-proof plate and place in the oven to keep warm.
- Return the empty skillet to the burner.
- Increase the heat to high and add the chicken broth and vodka to deglaze the pan.
- As the liquid bubbles, Scrape the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon
- Add half of the lime juice and the jalapeños and cook 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes and bring to a simmer.
- In a small glass, add the cornstarch to the water, then add to the skillet.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Stir in remaining lime juice.
- Arrange each chicken breast on a plate and top with pan sauce.
- Garnish with cilantro.