Cookbook:Shephard's Pie 2
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Shephard's Pie 2|
|Category||Pot Pie recipes|
Pâté Chinois (Chinese Pie), sometimes known as shepherd's pie, is a simple dish made from layered hamburger, creamed corn, and mashed potatoes.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 pound (450 g) lean hamburger meat
- 3 - 4 cups mashed potatoes
- 12oz (341ml, 1 can) creamed corn
- salt, pepper, butter to taste
- 1-2 cups Cheddar or Mexican blend cheese; shredded (Optional; amount depends on how much cheese you want)
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C)
- In a large skillet, brown the hamburger meat until it is no longer pink
- In a medium baking pan, evenly layer the meat on the bottom, then corn. Spread a layer of potatoes.
- (Optional) Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- Possible toppings include paprika, parsley, ketchup or green tomato chow-chow (ketchup vert)
- Other variations include frying the meat with a diced onion, as well as using an equal combination of creamed corn and regular corn
- See also, Shepherds Pie, Shepherd's Pie, Pâté chinois
Warnings[edit | edit source]
- Always follow safe handling guidelines when using raw meat.