Jump to navigation Jump to search
Creamed corn is a side dish from the American South. This is a modern recipe that's much quicker and easier than the traditional one.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 can (15.25 oz / 432 g) whole kernel sweet corn, drained (but preserve the liquid)
- ½ red bell pepper (or other suitable red vegetable, see below), diced
- 2 Tablespoons (30 g) butter
- ¼ cup (60 ml) cream, half-and-half, or whole milk
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Drain the can of corn, preserving the liquid.
- Put half of the corn into a bowl and purée it with a wand blender, adding some liquid from the can if necessary to keep it from getting too dry.
- Mix puréed corn and remaining whole corn kernels in a saucepan.
- Add the diced bell pepper, butter, and cream or milk and heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally. You can add more cream or milk if it's not creamy enough. Salt and pepper to taste.