Cookbook:Quick Baked Beef-Pasta Dish
|Quick Baked Beef-Pasta Dish|
|Time||Prep: 30 minutes
Bake 30 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef, crumbled
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- 1 pound pasta, such as rigatoni or penne, cooked al dente
- 32 ounce jar or can spaghetti sauce, your favorite type
- cooking spray
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- aluminium foil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook beef and onion in a large skillet until meat is lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with Italian Seasoning.
- In a large bowl, combine meat mixture and spaghetti sauce and mix well.
- Add cooked pasta and mix well.
- Spray large baking pan with cooking spray.
- Pat meat-pasta mixture level in baking pan.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over top.
- Cover with aluminium foil.
- Bake in oven 20 minutes.
- Remove foil.
- Bake uncovered another 10 minutes.
Tips, Notes, and Variations
- Baking pan should be large enough to have contents in 1 or 2 inch layer.
- Don't overcook, or pasta will absorb too much liquid and get soggy.