Cookbook:Pork Pot Pie
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 Pillsbury pie crusts
- ⅓ cup margarine (or butter)
- ⅓ cup onion, chopped
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1½ cups pork broth
- ⅔ cup milk
- 3 cups pork, cooked
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Prepare pie crusts as directed on package for two-crust pie using 9-inch pie pan.
- In a medium saucepan, melt margarine over medium heat.
- Add onion; cook 2 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in flour, salt, and pepper until well-blended.
- Gradually stir in broth and milk; cook, stirring constantly, until bubbly and thickened.
- Add pork, corn, and peas; remove from heat.
- Spoon pork mixture into crust-lined pan.
- Top with second crust and flute; cut three slits on top.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until crust is golden-brown.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.