Cookbook:Pepper Crusted Flank Steak
If you've ever had Steak au Poivre, this is going to look pretty similar, except it's grilled and there is no pan sauce.
- 1 (1 pound) flank steak
- 1/4 cup peppercorns, cracked
- Dijon mustard
- 3/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 Tbsp smoked paprika
- Combine seasonings. Set aside.
- Brush steak with mustard. Apply seasoning mixture and gently massage into meat.
- Grill over high heat until marked on both sides. Lower heat to medium and cook, turning often, until internal temperature reaches 140 degrees F for medium rare.
- Remove and let rest, uncovered, 7 minutes. Slice as thinly as humanly possible across the grain and serve warm.