Cookbook:Pepper Crusted Flank Steak
Jump to navigation Jump to search
If you've ever had Steak au Poivre, this is going to look pretty similar, except it's grilled and there is no pan sauce.
- 1 (1 pound) flank steak
- 1/4 cup peppercorns, cracked
- Dijon mustard
- 3/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 Tbsp smoked paprika
- Combine seasonings. Set aside.
- Brush steak with mustard. Apply seasoning mixture and gently massage into meat.
- Grill over high heat until marked on both sides. Lower heat to medium and cook, turning often, until internal temperature reaches 140 degrees F for medium rare.
- Remove and let rest, uncovered, 7 minutes. Slice as thinly as humanly possible across the grain and serve warm.