Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup soy milk
- vegetable oil
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Mix all dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Mix soy milk into the dry ingredients.
- Heat a griddle until water sprinkled on it quickly evaporates. Spread a thin film of oil on the griddle.
- Pour pancake batter on griddle to form 4- to 5-inch circles. Bubbles should start forming.
- When the underside is light brown, flip the pancake.
- When the other side is light brown, serve.
Variations[edit | edit source]
- Banana pancakes: add one well mashed banana to the batter.
- Chocolate pancakes: add 1/2 cup chocolate chips to the batter.
- Walnut pancakes: add 1/2 cup roughly chopped walnuts to the batter.
- Cranberry pancakes: add 1/2 cup dried cranberries to the batter.
Any of the above ingredients can be mixed together.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Don't over mix! Over mixing will produce gluten; this will inhibit rising and make the pancakes rubbery.
- Optionally, you can serve your pancakes with syrup or jam.
- Substituting rice milk for soy milk may make the pancakes fall apart more easily.