From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
|Time||preparation: 25 minutes
chill: 4–10 hours
Rice milk is one of the cheapest dairy alternatives to make at home. This simple but highly customizable recipe is great for anyone looking to avoid animal products, additives and hormones.
Also see Horchata
- Combine ingredients in a blender. Add sweetener and variations (below) to taste.
- Blend until smooth, roughly 1–2 minutes
- Refrigerate at least four hours or overnight if possible, and use within 5 days.
- This recipe makes one quart of milk, and serves approximately four one-cup servings. This recipe can be adjusted to size at a 1:4 ratio of rice to water.
- If the milk seems too grainy, the rice can be soaked in water overnight before cooking, or strained through cheesecloth after blending.