Cookbook:Polish Doughnuts (Paczki)
(Redirected from Cookbook:Paczki)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 2 Tbs butter
- ½ cup warm milk
- ¼ tsp vanilla essence
- A pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp dry yeast
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Jelly or jam
- Powdered sugar
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Whisk together the sugar, butter, milk, vanilla, salt & eggs. Add the yeast & whisk it in. Then, add the flour ½ a cup at a time while stirring constantly until the mixture is a firm dough.
- Knead for about 5 minutes. Put it back in the bowl & cover & let it rise until it's twice of it's original size. It'll take for about 1 ½ hours to rise. Pat the dough in a lightly floured board, roll the dough until it's about ½" thick. Cut the dough into little round shapes. You can roll the excess dough again to make more pączki. Let them rise for about 30 minutes or until they've doubled in size.
- Heat some oil to about 350˚F, then fry the pączki until they're golden-brown. Let cool.
- While the pączki cool, spoon some fruit jelly or jam in a pastry bag with a long point. Poke the pastry bag in the sides of the pączki & fill the pączki.
- Sprinkle some powdered sugar on top. Enjoy!