Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
Moussaka is a Bulgarian minced meat dish, resembling a casserole. For the Greek version of this dish, see Greek Moussaka. This recipe is adapted from Ralitsa Roesing's kitchen.
- 1/2 kg of minced meat (usually pork in Bulgaria, but don't hesitate to experiment!)
- 1 kg of potatoes, peeled and finely chopped
- two tomatoes, finely chopped
- Parsley, 1/3 cupful, finely chopped
- one onion, finely chopped
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 spoonfuls flour
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Oil for cooking
- Fry the onion and the minced meat in a little oil. The more fatty the meat is, the less oil you need.
- When it is no longer red, mix it with the potatoes, tomatoes, and parsley. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for about 1 hour, or until the potatoes are cooked.
- Stir the eggs, the yogurt and the flour together and pour it over the dish. Bake for 10 more minutes. It's delicious with cold yogurt on the side. Enjoy!