Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Serving Size:||1 slice|
|Servings Per Recipe:||about 8|
|Amount per serving|
|Calories from fat||85 (40%)|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
- 2 slices whole-wheat bread, toasted and cubed
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 large chopped onion
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1½ pounds ground beef
- cooking spray
- ½ cup (or more) ketchup
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- To beaten eggs, add milk, mustard, onion, Parmesan cheese, parsley, pepper, and salt, then bread cubes.
- Crumble beef into mixture.
- Fold meat and sauce mixture together.
- Thickly spray 9 X 13 inch glass baking pan or Dutch oven with cooking spray.
- Form meat into loaf in pan no more than 3 inches high.
- Cover with ketchup, even if it takes more than ½ cup.
- Bake 75 minutes or more, if desired.
Tips, Notes, and Variations
- If Dutch oven is used, it should not be as hot as for breads.
- Great in leftovers for sandwiches.