Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 lbs (900 g) ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- Sprinkle of curry powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1–2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 cup (240 g) cracker crumbs
- 1–2 cans of mushroom soup
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Combine the ground beef, eggs, minced garlic, salt, allspice, curry powder, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Mix in the chopped onion, celery, and cracker crumbs.
- Press the mixture into a standard loaf pan.
- Bake at 400°F (200°C) for about 10–20 minutes until browned on top.
- Tilt the pan, and drain off any accumulated grease. Add the mushroom soup on top.
- Bake another 1.5–2 hours until cooked through.