Cookbook:Loukoumas (Greek Donuts with Honey) I
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Redirected from Cookbook:Loukoumas)
|Loukoumas (Greek Donuts with Honey) I|
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Greece | Dessert
Loukoumas is a Greek fried pastry, similar to a doughnut.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1.36 kg (48 oz / 6 cups) all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups undiluted evaporated milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- Ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons dry yeast dissolved in ½ cup of warm water
- Soy or corn oil for frying
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, salt, milk, eggs, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Mix the yeast and water together.
- Add the yeast mixture to the other ingredients and stir. The mixture should look like smooth cake batter.
- Cover the bowl and leave it for 4 hours.
- Place 5 cm of oil in a pot and heat it up.
- With a tablespoon, drop the batter in and roll. Loukoumades should be sphere-shaped once fried and should look golden or brown from all sides.
- After they are fried, remove them from the oil and pour honey over them. Use the cinnamon for extra flavour. You can also use sesame seeds for flavour.