Cookbook:Lasagne with bean sauce
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Lasagne with bean sauce|
- 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 1 400g (15. oz) can of navy beans, drained and chopped
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- one package lasagna noodles
- 240ml (1 cup) cottage cheese or ricotta cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 240g (1 cup) tomato sauce
- 240g (1 cup) tomato puree
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 100g - 170g (4-6 oz.) package of mozzarella cheese, grated
- 60ml (1/4 cup) grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook lasagna noodles.
- Start preheating oven for 180 C (350 F).
- Sauté garlic and onions.
- Add the chopped beans and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, tomato puree, tomato paste, oregano, basil, and pepper and cook for 5 minutes.
- In a 30cm x 20cm (13 x 9 in.) baking dish, form a layer using half the noodles, sauce, cottage cheese, and mozzarella.
- Repeat to form a second layer.
- Sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 180c (350 degrees) for 25 minutes, until noodles are tender and sauce is bubbling.