Cookbook:Jamaican Banana Fritters
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Jamaican Banana Fritters|
Jamaican banana fritters are a traditional dessert and snack dish in the Caribbean. They can be served by themselves, in a platter along with other fritters, or with different toppings, like cinnamon, coconut, or even ice cream.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 3 ripe bananas
- 200 grams all-purpose flour
- 60 ml room-temperature milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons brown or white sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- Oil for frying
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Peel the bananas and mash them in a bowl until runny.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan at medium heat.
- Add the sugar, milk, vanilla, salt, and flour to the bananas and mix until approximately the consistency of pancake batter or a bit thinner.
- Drop tablespoons of the mixture into the heated oil, and fry until edges are firm, then flip to cook other side until golden brown.
- Drain on a towel and serve hot.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- Sprinkling sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon or coconut on the fritters after frying.
- Serving with a scoop of ice cream.