Cookbook:Hyderabadi Fried Bread with Syrup and Nuts (Double ka meetha)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Hyderabadi Fried Bread with Syrup and Nuts (Double ka meetha)|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 loaf bread
- 1 litre milk
- 250 grams khoa (concentrated milk solids)
- 500 grams sugar
- 100 grams almonds
- 100 grams cashews
- 100 grams pistachios
- 100 grams raisins
- 250 grams ghee
- 10 grams cardamom
- 500 ml water
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Trim the edges of the bread slices and cut each slice into four.
- Fry them in ghee till golden brown.
- Make a sugar syrup by adding half a litre of water to the sugar. Add the milk to the sugar syrup. Boil until the syrup starts thickening.
- Grind the cardamom seeds to a powder.
- Add the powdered cardamom seeds and khoa to the thickened milk. Stir the mixture well.
- Arrange the fried bread pieces on a flat tray. Pour the syrup over the bread pieces while they are still hot. Garnish with the raisins and nuts.
- Refrigerate and serve.