Cookbook:Herb Grilled Strip Steaks
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- one 14-ounce strip steak
- 1 ¼ tsp rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 tsp thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup soaked mesquite wood chips
- 4 ½ pounds charcoal briquets
- A few sheets of newspaper
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Brush steak with extra-virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground black pepper and press in herbs. Bring to room temperature.
- Put charcoal in the top compartment of a large chimney.
- Moisten newspaper with vegetable oil. Wad up and place under charcoal compartment. Light and wait 15 minutes.
- Once coals have heated, spread out evenly in the bottom of the grill. Toss in mesquite chips.
- Grill steak over high for 1 ½ minutes. Rotate 90° and cook for another 1 ½ minutes. Flip and repeat this process on the other side.
- Move steak to a cooler part of the grill and cook, turning often, until desired "doneness" (140°F for medium rare, 155°F for medium, 165°F for toast).
- Remove and let rest for 7 minutes. Slice thinly across the grain on a bias. Serve warm.