Cookbook:Grilled Pork Tenderloin
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 pork tenderloin, trimmed, perhaps as much as 2.25 lbs (1 kg)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 1/3 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tbsp chipotle powder
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp dried rosemary
- 4 lbs. natural chunk charcoal
- 1/2 pound soaked applewood chips
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 sheet newspaper
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Combine Marinade ingredients in a small sauce pan. Pour half into a large zip-top plastic bag, reserving the other half, refrigerated. Add pork to the bag, remove extra air, and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Remove pork from marinade. Discard the bag and the marinade in the bag. Allow the pork to drain as necessary.
- Combine Rub ingredients and rub all over pork.
- Moisten newspaper with oil and wad up under a large chimney starter with charcoal in it. Light and wait 15 minutes.
- Once charcoal has heated, disperse evenly around bottom of grill. Add soaked chips, replace grate, and place pork in the center. Cover and cook for 1 1/2 minutes (or a bit more, use your judgment).
- Flip to another side and cook 1 1/2 more minutes and repeat until pork has cooked for at least 12 minutes and until the internal temp. reaches at least 145°F (63C).
- Make a large foil pouch (or use a covered dish) and place pork inside. Pour in reserved marinade (warmed to at least 145F) and let rest for 10 minutes.