Cookbook:Grilled Filet Mignon
- 4 (5-7 ounce) tenderloin steaks, 1 inch thick
- Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Olive oil
- 2/3 cup untreated mesquite chips, soaked in water 30 minutes
- Heat about 30 charcoal briquets in a large chimney starter. Once hot, disperse evenly around the bottom of the grill and toss in wood chips.
- Brush steaks with olive oil. Season both sides liberally with seasoning. Place on hottest part of grill and cook 1/2 minute. Twist 90 degrees and cook for another 1/2 minute. Flip and repeat 1 more time.
- Move steaks to a cooler part of grill and cook, turning often, until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees for medium rare.
- Remove to a plate and let rest 5 minutes. Serve warm.