Cookbook:Frikadeller (Danish Meatballs)
|Frikadeller (Danish Meatballs)|
Frikadeller are as Danish as the Dannebrog. This is standard Danish fare, made of ground pork and veal and traditionally served with boiled potatoes, gravy and rødkål (braised red cabbage). Originally, this dish was made so that the meat would feed more people, and thus, the possibilities as to what can be added are numerous.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 250 grams (about 0.5 lb) ground veal
- 250 grams ground pork
- 1 large egg
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 20% by volume (about ¾ cup) of bread crumbs
- Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Minced garlic (optional)
- Ground parsley to taste
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Mix all ingredients except butter together.
- Shape mixture into small patties.
- Fry in hot skillet with lots of butter.