Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | American cuisine | Southern U.S. cuisine | Breakfast Cuisine | Cheese | Bread
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 strips bacon
- 24 soda crackers (2 inch squares)
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, cut into small pieces.
- cooking spray
- Jam or jelly, optional
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Preheat oven to 350°F (~175°C).
- Cut bacon into small pieces and sauté until brown.
- Crush crackers.
- Beat eggs in bowl.
- Add crackers, milk, salt, and pepper, then cheese to the eggs.
- Spray casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Pour mixture into casserole dish, and add bacon.
- Bake in preheated oven until a knife comes out clean when pie is tested.
- Cut in wedges and serve with jam.
Tips, Notes, and Variations[edit | edit source]
- You can dice, shred, or just cut up the cheese; the smaller the pieces, the more evenly it will mix.
Uses[edit | edit source]
- Good dish for breakfast, brunch, or late night snack dish.