Cookbook:Deep Fried Mars Bar
|Deep Fried Mars Bar|
This recipe for the deep fried Mars bar illustrates a typical procedure. The ingredients in the dish's variations may vary indefinitely, but the procedure will remain more or less the same. For authentic flavor, fry the treat in beef drippings rather than vegetable oil (it is worth noting the high saturated fat content this method of cooking involves).
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 UK or Canadian Mars Bar or 1 US Milky Way Bar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- Enough oil to fill the pot or fryer you are using (oil or fat can be used as well as suet for authenticity)
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Chill, but do not freeze, the Mars bar by leaving it in a fridge, or freezer, for a short while.
- Mix the milk, flour and egg in a bowl.
- Whisk together to create a creamy batter.
- Heat the oil.
- Coat the Mars bar completely in batter.
- Lower into hot oil (around 350-375 degrees Fahrenheit, 175-190 Celsius) and fry until batter is golden brown. (Note: be careful to lower it gently; otherwise the batter may come off)