Cookbook:Creme Brulee Cheesecake
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Creme Brulee Cheesecake|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 3 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- ¾ cup (1½ sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 6 tablespoon brown sugar, light or dark
- 6 (8-ounce) (225 g) bricks cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 1½ cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- boiling water (for baking cake)
- ¾ cup sugar
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- In a bowl, mix vanilla wafer crumbs, butter and brown sugar until well-blended.
- Pat the wafer mixture into the bottom and sides of a 10-inch (25 cm) springform pan.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, sour cream and 1½ cups sugar on medium speed of electric mixer until smooth.
- Add eggs, heavy cream and orange peel.
- Beat until all the mixture is smooth.
- Pour cream cheese mixture into the springform pan.
- Place the springform pan into a larger pan.
- Add boiling water to the larger pan to come halfway up the sides of the springform pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until set.
- Carefully remove the springform pan from the water and cool at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Remove cake from the springform pan.
- Sprinkle sugar on top of cheesecake.
- Broil under the oven broiler until the sugar melts and browns (be careful not to burn the sugar).
Tips, Notes, and Variations[edit | edit source]
- The sugar can also be melted with a cooking torch.
- The cheesecake may be served with fresh or frozen strawberries or blueberries.
- Just for a sugar jolt, put some sugar and some gummies.