Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Fresh coconut - 1 cup finely grated
- Green hot chili peppers - 6 to 8
- Tamarind paste - ½ tsp
- Cilantro - 1 Tbs, chopped
- Ginger paste, 1 tsp
- Channa dal - 1½ Tbs
- Salt - to taste
- Dry roast channa dal until browned and allow it to cool.
- Grind all the ingredients in a blender with as little water as possible. For best results the final consistency must be some where between coarse and paste.
- For seasoning heat the oil in a small ladle. Add the mustard seeds to hot oil and allow it to crackle. When the crackling starts subsiding add the asafoetida and the curry leaves and stir for a few seconds. Add to the chutney and mix well.