Cookbook:Chocolate Zucchini Cake
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Chocolate Zucchini Cake|
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Cake
This cake can be frozen for up to 6 months.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 115 g butter or margarine
- 120 ml vegetable oil
- 350 g white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 120 ml sour milk or buttermilk
- 5 ml vanilla extract
- 250 g sifted all-purpose flour
- 5 g baking soda
- 1 g ground cinnamon
- 1 g ground cloves
- 3 g salt
- 20 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 280 g grated zucchini
- 20 g ground walnuts
- 40 g semisweet chocolate chips
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Cream together butter, vegetable oil and sugar.
- Add eggs, sour milk, and vanilla. Blend well.
- In a separate bowl, sift dry ingredients together.
- Blend dry ingredients into the butter mixture.
- Add grated zucchini, and mix well.
- Spread in a greased floured 9 x 13-inch (23 x 33 cm) pan. Sprinkle walnuts and chocolate chips on top.
- Bake in a preheated 325°F (165°C) oven for 45 minutes.
Notes, tips and variations[edit | edit source]
- To make imitation sour milk, mix ½ cup milk with 2 teaspoons lemon juice and let stand 10 minutes.