Cookbook:Chocolate Noodles with Vanilla sauce
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Chocolate Noodles with Vanilla sauce|
|Time||prep: 20+30 minutes|
cooking: ~15 minutes
This is a sweet and warm chocolate-based dessert.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 125 g flour
- 40 g cocoa powder
- 20 g powdered sugar
- 1 large egg
- 25 g mascarpone
- 1 pinch salt
- 20 g butter
- 5 teaspoons crystal sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 40 g brown sugar
- 100 ml milk
- 5 tablespoons of heavy cream
- ½ vanilla pod
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Mix the flour, cocoa powder, powdered sugar, egg, mascarpone, and salt to create a smooth dough in 5 to 10 minutes.
- Cover the dough and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Boil some water in a big pan, then add the butter and crystal sugar.
- Roll out the dough on a flour-dusted plate and cut it in thin strips.
- Boil the strips for about 4 minutes, then drain. Dry the noodles with paper towels, then keep them warm.
- Mix the brown sugar and the egg yolks for the sauce in a cup and put it aside.
- Put the milk and cream in a pan with the vanilla pod, stir for a few minutes, then remove the vanilla pod.
- Warm the milk and cream and stir gently, then pour the warm mixture onto the egg mix.
- Pour the mixture back into the pan and stir it gently until it thickens. Watch out not to boil the mixture!
- Place the chocolate noodles on a plate, and pour the vanilla sauce over.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- Add some fresh fruit when serving.
- Replace the vanilla pod with vanilla essence.