Cookbook:Chocolate Macaroons (no-bake)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Chocolate Macaroons (no-bake)|
Chocolate Macaroons are a type of cookie which are made without baking.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 cups (480 g) white sugar
- ½ cup (120 g) margarine or butter
- 1 cup (240 ml) milk
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla
- ½ cup (60 g) cocoa
- 3 cups (300 g) oatmeal
- 1 cup (75 g) coconut
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Place the bottom half of a double boiler on the stove to heat.
- Place a large metal mixing bowl on top of the boiler. Melt the margarine/butter in this bowl.
- Add the white sugar, and whisk until dissolved.
- Whisk in the milk.
- Whisk in the cocoa, breaking up lumps first.
- Remove from heat, take to preparation area.
- Using a rubber spatula, thoroughly mix in coconut and oatmeal. There should be no dry sections.
- Portion onto pan and let set.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- If your macaroons are too crumbly, they have been overcooked.