Cookbook:Chipotle Fish n' Chips
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Chipotles add a Southwestern smoky heat to otherwise normal fish n' chips.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
Chipotle Vinegar[edit | edit source]
Fish[edit | edit source]
- 1 bottle (12 oz) very cold beer
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1 tbsp Old Bay
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp salt
- 3-4 canned chipotle chiles in adobo, pureed until smooth
- 1-2 tbsp adobo sauce
- 4 tilapia fillets, cut into 1-ounce strips
- Oil for deep frying
Chips[edit | edit source]
- 1 recipe French fries, instead of black pepper use chipotle powder
- Chipotle Vinegar (recipe below)
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Make the chipotle vinegar by whisking all ingredients in a dipping bowl. Keep at room temperature until needed.
- Combine beer, cornmeal, old bay, worcestershire sauce, salt, chipotles, and adobo to make a batter.
- Dredge fish pieces in cornstarch, and then dip in the batter.
- Fry coated fish pieces two at a time in the oil at 350°F. They should take 3 minutes to become golden and crisp on the outside.
- Drain fish pieces on a cooling rack suspended above a baking pan. If inside is undercooked, finish in a 350°F oven.
- Serve with French fries and the chipotle vinegar.