Cookbook:Fast Food French Fries
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Fast Food French Fries|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, cut slightly larger than julienne
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- Neutral oil for deep frying
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Place potatoes in a large container of clean water. Rinse repeatedly until water runs clear.
- Spin potatoes in a salad spinner until dry. Deep fry at 350°F until tender and limp but not browned. Drain on a cooling rack.
- Heat oil to 375°F, and fry potatoes for 4–5 minutes.
- Drain fries on a cooling rack, and sprinkle heavily with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve hot.