Cookbook:Fast Food French Fries
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
This recipe is way better than the other French fries recipe trust me this recipe tastes more like restaurant fries than mashed potatoes like the other one.
- 2 pounds Russet potatoes, cut slightly larger than julienne
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Oil for deep frying
- Place potatoes in a large container of clean water. Rinse repeatedly until water runs clear.
- Spin potatoes in a salad spinner until dry. Fry at 350° until tender and limp but not browned. Drain on a cooling rack.
- Heat oil to 375° and fry potatoes for 4-5 minutes. Drain on a cooling rack and sprinkle heavily with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve.