Cookbook:Fast Food French Fries
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 2 pounds Russet potatoes, cut slightly larger than julienne
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Oil for deep frying
- Place potatoes in a large container of clean water. Rinse repeatedly until water runs clear.
- Spin potatoes in a salad spinner until dry. Fry at 350° until tender and limp but not browned. Drain on a cooling rack.
- Heat oil to 375° and fry potatoes for 4-5 minutes. Drain on a cooling rack and sprinkle heavily with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve.