Cookbook:Chinese Chews (Nut and Date Bars)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Chinese Chews (Nut and Date Bars)|
Chinese Chews are a bar cookie containing nuts and dried fruit. They have a chewy consistency.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ⅔ cup self raising flour
- ⅓ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup chopped dates
- ½ cup seedless raisins
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- icing sugar to taste
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Beat eggs until foamy. Add sugar and mix.
- Add flour and salt.
- Add vanilla, then the fruit and nuts. Mix well.
- Spread in greased 8-inch pan.
- Bake approx. 30-35 minutes until golden brown at 350F (175C).
- Cut into squares while still warm. Roll in icing sugar.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- Can be enjoyed on its own or with ice cream.
- Cools to a firm consistency.