Cookbook:Chinese Chews (Nut and Date Bars)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Chinese Chews (Nut and Date Bars)|
Chinese chews are a bar cookie containing nuts and dried fruit. They have a chewy consistency.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ⅔ cup self-raising flour
- ⅓ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup chopped dates
- ½ cup seedless raisins
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- Icing sugar to taste
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Beat eggs until foamy. Add sugar and mix.
- Add flour and salt.
- Add vanilla, then the fruit and nuts. Mix well.
- Spread in greased 8-inch cake pan.
- Bake for about 30–35 minutes at 350°F (175°C) until golden brown.
- Cut into squares while still warm. Roll in icing sugar.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- Can be enjoyed on its own or with ice cream.
- Cools to a firm consistency.