Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup self raising flour
- 1/3 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup seedless raisins
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- icing sugar to taste
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Beat eggs until foamy. Add sugar and mix.
- Add flour and salt.
- Add vanilla, then the fruit and nuts. Mix well.
- Spread in greased 8-inch pan.
- Bake approx. 30-35 minutes until golden brown at 350F (175C).
- Cut into squares while still warm. Roll in icing sugar.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- Can be enjoyed on its own or with ice cream.
- Cools to a firm consistency.