Cookbook:Buttermilk Curry Soup (Kadi Pakora)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Buttermilk Curry Soup (Kadi Pakora)|
- 1 cup besan (Gram flour)
- 2 glasses buttermilk (a bit sour)
- 1 small onion,
- 1 piece garlic
- 1/4 inch of ginger
- 4-5 kadi patta
- turmeric powder
- 4 red chilis
- pinch of asafoetida
- black mustard
- oil for making pakoda
- Mix 1 cup besan (leave 1 spoon for kadi) with water,salt,turmeric powder and mix it for sometime so that mixture should just be like little less batter than cake mix.
- Put oil in big pan and heat it.
- Drop mixture in the pan with the help of round kind of spoon so that pakodas are round and fluffy.
For the kadi:
- Mix butter milk, 1 spoon besan, turmeric powder, asafoetida, salt and mix nicely so that there are no lumps.
- Cut onion in small pieces.
- Heat a little oil. Put mustard seeds, garlic, ginger, kadipatta then onion and fry it until a little reddish.
- Now mix the buttermilk mixture and put it in the fried mixture. Keep it on medium flame and continue mixing it until it starts bubbling.
- Put in the pakodas and lower the heat and keep for some time. Close the lid and switch off the flame.
Eat it with rice or roti, it will be nice. If you want to make it more spicy put garam masala and chilli powder in pakoda and butter milk mixture also.