Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp cream of tartar (or baking powder)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 4 eggs, separated
- ¼ cup butter (optional)
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, cream of tartar, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Whisk together buttermilk, butter and egg yolks in a large bowl. Mix flour mixture into buttermilk mixture. Mix in blueberries.
- Whip egg whites in a small bowl until stiff, but do not let dry peaks form. Fold into pancake batter.
- Heat a large pan or griddle over medium heat. Lightly spray or brush with vegetable oil. Ladle in a ¼ cup of batter for each pancake; cook until set and bubbly on the top. Turn pancake over, then cook for 1 more minute.
- Serve warm with whatever topping you prefer.