Cookbook:Bean and Green Chili Soup
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Bean and Green Chili Soup|
Bean and Green Chili Soup - An easy, surprising soup from easily stored ingredients
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 cup (480 ml) cooked rice
- 1 can (16 oz, 450 g) refried beans
- 1 can (16 oz, 450 g) black beans
- 1 small can (4 oz, 110 g) green salsa
- 1 ⅓ cup (300 ml) dried, bulk black bean soup mix
- Sour cream (optional)
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Bring 1 cup (240 ml) dry rice and 2 cups (480 ml) water to a boil.
- Turn heat to low and steam rice for 25–30 min (or prepare rice using rice cooker).
- Prepare soup mix by combining with 3 cups (720 ml) boiling water, then simmer about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and rice to soup.
- Heat through, stirring occasionally.
- If desired, just before serving, spoon a teaspoon of sour cream in to the middle of the bowl.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- This recipe is surprisingly flavorful for being prepared form preserved ingredients. With a dollop of sour cream for garnish, it is even better.