Cookbook:Banana Pecan Bread
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This recipe is for 8 servings.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup (one stick) butter, room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten (room temp)
- 2 bananas – fully ripe – a little over ripe is best
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Preparation[edit | edit source]
- Preheat oven to 325. Prepare loaf pan by using baking spray such as Baker's Joy. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together on medium speed the butter, sugar and eggs. Add the bananas and lemon juice and mix until creamy. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. mix x 3 minutes - turn the mixer off, scrape down the sides, reset to medium and mix for another minutes. Then add the pecans and mix for about 20 seconds.
- Turn into a prepared 1 ½ lb loaf pan. Bake x 60-75 minutes