Jump to navigation Jump to search
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup flour
- 1¼ teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or hickory nuts
- ½ cup chopped apples
- Beat sugar and egg until smooth.
- Beat in flour, baking powder, salt, and vanilla.
- Stir walnuts or hickory nuts and apples into the mixture.
- Pour into a greased baking pan (a Dutch oven pan or a 9 x 9 pan).
- Bake at 325°F (160°C) for 30 minutes.
Tips, Notes, and Variations
- If you like topping, use whipped cream or ice cream.